The Filipino Internet Banker Report
In the Filipino Internet Banker Report, 6th issue of the DigitalFilipino.com StatsReport, shows that online banking in the Philippines is still in its infancy as the number of users are fewer compared to online shoppers.
632 Internet users from Manila, Cebu, Davao, Iloilo, Cagayan De Oro, Bicol, Baguio, Batangas, and other parts of the country were interviewed from February to October 2002 to come up with this report.
Bank of the Philippine Islands (BPI) is the clear leader in this area where more than half of online bankers subscribed to its service.
Some of the report highlights are:
- Level of usage on various online banking services is still very much limited at this point. Only 33% use features like fund transfer compared to other banking services such as balance inquiry where 71% uses it.
- The female Internet user market base is largely untapped. Only 3 out of 10 online bankers are women. Banks should come up with gender-balanced programs to encourage this segment to look into Internet banking and realize its benefits.
- Banks must innovate and offer services that go beyond traditional banking.
Why is The Filipino Internet Banker Report right for you?
- The report represents information gathered through face-to-face interviews therefore giving a highly accurate picture of the Internet usage habits.
- DigitalFilipino documented such habits per gender.
Who can benefit from The Filipino Internet Banker Report?
The report is essential for anyone in the banking, financial services, or new media. It is a valuable resource for investment bankers, as well as any advertising agency that seeks Philippines consumer online usage habits.
The Filipino Internet Banker Report covers the following issues, and more:
- Internet banker profile by gender
- Internet banking activity
- Mobile phone banking activity
- PDA usage
- Top Internet service providers
- Online shopping habits
- Top websites
Price: $30.00 (Order Now!)
Released Date: March 28, 2003
Note: $2 shipping fee is added upon order.
Should you be interested in purchasing the report in pesos, please email us for details.