ICT HR Survey on Cebu Research ReportJanette Toral
Cebu is the country’s next hotspot destination after Metro Manila for investment and outsourcing opportunities.
The ICT HR Survey on Cebu Research Report, prepared by CEDFIT (Cebu Educational Development Foundation in Information Technology), highlights the advantages and challenges that Cebu has to dealt with and why it has what it takes to be the Philippines’ Software & E-Services Hub in five to seven years time.
250 respondents from the academe and 261 from the industry were surveyed to come up with this report.
Some of the report highlights are:
- Despite the Philippines being packaged as a call center and business process outsourcing destination, Cebu is seen to become the country’s premiere software development and e-services hub. Software development is considerd to be the primary core strength.
- Despite the slump in IT enrollment in most part of the country, as more switch to nursing. Cebu’s IT graduates base remains stable and expects around 2200 IT graduates this year.
- 100 to 300 IT graduates actually get employed in the software development per year. Those who don’t qualify end up meeting the manpower needs of the other e-services sector.
- It is expected that the number of IT graduates needed in Cebu will reach up to 30,000 graduates in the next 5 to 7 years to cope up with growth and demand.
Why is the ICT HR Survey on Cebu right for you?
- Provides a comprehensive baseline understanding of IT HR supply potentials of Cebu
- Established a Cebu-specific profile to reflect industry trends vis-à-vis existing localcapabilities
- Showed gaps between industry demand and academe supply
- Shows industry directions toward closing the gaps
Who can benefit from the ICT HR Survey on Cebu?
The report is essential to anyone eyeing Cebu as a potential investment and/or outsourcing destination.
The ICT HR Survey on Cebu covers the following and more:
- Number of IT graduates in Cebu per course
- IT employment in Cebu
- Reasons for oversupply and underemployement
- Number and quality of IT graduates needed by the industry each year
- Perceived advantages of Cebu as an IT hub
- Action programs to further strengthen Cebu”s competitive advantage
Price: $13.00 (Order Now!)
Pages: 87 pages in CD-ROM
US$2 will be added for shipping purposes.