DigitalFilipino.com started last September 17, 1999 to promote Janette’s work on e-commerce, Internet research, Philippine Internet history, and blogging.
Some notable project experiments we had include:
1. Launched e-commerce book in the year 2000 – “DigitalFilipino: An E-Commerce Guide for the eFilipino“.
2. Published 14 research reports.
3. Promoted CMMI growth in the Philippines. Janette’s interest in the software development field made her pursue Scrum Master and Scrum Product Owner Certification.
4. Launched a members-only DigitalFilipino Club.
6. Published a Philippine Internet documentary.
7. Promotes new blogs through the Top 10 Emerging Influential Blogs Writing Project.
10. Produced more than 40 videos for DigitalFilipino Talks featuring local players and actively produces videos for knowledge sharing.
11. Promotes e-commerce excellence with the DigitalFilipino Web Awards.
12. Actively promotes e-learning since 2003. Her 2003 E-commerce Workshop Online (to test the content of her 2nd book) got nominated in various awards and got the runner-up prize in the E-Services Philippines Best Education Award in 2004.
To test the content of her upcoming 3rd e-commerce book, she launched last November 29, 2012 her latest e-commerce online workshop series with 36 lessons (12 topics). This January 17, 2013, she will also lead the Digital Influencer Boot Camp – a free digital marketing workshop online.
13. In 2009, Janette began experimenting and offered free and paid webinars in the DigitalFilipino Club. That year, she organized One Internet Day, a one day (12 hours) webinar series featuring various speakers.
14. Partnered with Ateneo De Manila University and eLearning Edge for the Certified Blog and Social Media Entrepreneur Program.
15. Janette’s work in DigitalFilipino pave the way for her to speak in local and international events. Here are some international events where she has spoken in the past.
- APT/ITU/PITA Workshop on Principles of Cyber Legislation for the Pacific Region at Stamford Plaza Hotel, Auckland, New Zealand last March 28 to 30, 2007.
- APEC Women’s e-Biz Training, Sookmyung Women’s University, Seoul, Korea
- Global Knowledge Forum, Seoul, Korea
- APEC Telecommunications Working Group 30, Singapore
- Regional Meeting on ICT for the Pacific at Nadi, Fiji
- E-Commerce Workshop for SMEs at Suva, Fiji
- APEC Telecommunications Working Group 29, Hong Kong
- Shaping the Future Mobile Society Forum of the International Telecommunications Forum Seoul, Korea
- Business Process Outsourcing Asia 2003, Singapore
- Global Executive Forum at Cancun Mexico
- Forum on ICT and Gender 2003 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Closing Gaps in the Digital Divide: Regional Conference on Digital Greater Mekong Subregion, Asian Institute of Technology at Pathumthani, Thailand
- EXPERT GROUP MEETING ON INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY (ICT) FOR RURAL POVERTY REDUCTION: DEVELOPING NATIONAL POLICIES at United Nations Conference Complex Bangkok, Thailand
- inWent Workshop in Southeast Asia at Asian Institute of Technology, Pathumthani, Thailand
- Joint UNCTAD-UN ESCAP Asia-Pacific Regional Conference – “E-commerce Strategies for Development”
United Nations Conference Center, Bangkok, Thailand
- ASEAN+3 IT & Telecom Business Forum Seoul, Korea
- APEC Workshop on Empowering SMEs through Digital Integration, Maria Isabel Sheraton Hotel, Mexico City
- O’Reilly Emerging Technology Conference, Westin Santa Clara & Santa Clara Convention Center, Santa Clara, California, USA
- Mobile Wireless Internet Forum Technical Committee Meeting, Cisco Systems Campus, San Jose, California, USA
- Knowledge Technologies Conference 2002, Westin Hotel, Seattle Washington, USA
From 2002 to 2003, she has participated in international forums as an active discussant on e-commerce policy at:
- International Trade Center forums in Geneva, Switzerland and Kathmandu, Nepal (2002)
- APEC Digital Divide Forum Taiwan (2001)
- APEC Young Leaders Conference at Beijing and Shanghai, China(2001)
Last August – September 2011, Janette went to the US to participate in the 3-week International Visitors Leadership Program. Traveling on an individual program, with an IVLP guide, she went to Washington DC, Pennsylvania, Alabama, Texas, and Seattle. Her customized program allowed her to meet key persons in the Department of Justice, Congress, Federal Trade Commission, SEOMoz, Microsoft, Banyan, Rice University, BizTech, AlphaLab, Global Pittsburgh, Bibliotecha, Digium, Carnegie Melon University, FHI 360, LivingSocial, Resonance Social, Innovate Washington, Mill Creek Middle School, Association for Women in Communications Seattle, among others.
16. Last September 2011, Janette was one of the 6 women innovators showcased in the APEC Women and Economy Summit in San Francisco, USA.