One Internet Day 2009: Empowering Filipinos Globally with the InternetJanette Toral
DigitalFilipino.com just made history during its 10th anniversary celebration last September 17, 2009 by having the first One Internet Day virtual event. In partnership with ProFora Media, the whole day free webinar featured topics of varying interest and profession. The said event can also be considered as 1st in Philippine Internet history.
The webinar talks include:
1. Introduction to Software Process Improvement
2. State of E-Commerce in the Philippines
3. Website Development Best Practices: A Briefing on the 3rd Digital Filipino Web Awards (2009)
4. Managing Training Effectively and True ROI
5. Internet as a Research Medium For Children in Elementary and High School: A Briefing on the Philippine Schools Cyberfair 2010
6. Architecture, Engineering and Construction (AEC) Outsourcing in the Philippines
7. Video Editing For Profit
8. Blogging For Money: How To Make Money Writing Reviews and News Articles
The following are some of the blog posts and articles written by those who joined:
One Internet Day first happened in the year 2000 and used as an e-commerce advocacy event to lobby for the passage of the E-Commerce Law. (more info: Philippine Internet Review page 113) The last One Internet Day event took place in Manila, Cebu, and Davao last September 19, 20, and 22, 2006.
Leave a Reply