The Filipino Internet User ReportJanette Toral
Close to 600 Internet users from Cebu, Davao, Manila, Iloilo, Batangas, Cagayan De Oro, and other parts of the country were interviewed from February to August 2002 to come up with this report.
More than half of Filipino Internet users visits Yahoo regularly than any other website.
Inq7.net steps down to 3rd place but still remain the Filipino leading site in our top 5 list.
Some of the highlights of the report are:
- Research prevails as the primary reason why Filipinos go online.
- 52% got infected with email viruses this year.
- Norton Anti-Virus remains the anti-virus software of choice among Internet users
- Pacific Internet prevails as the top Internet Service Provider of choice followed closely by Infocom.
- Rebel emerged as the prepaid Internet card of choice although such will soon diminish with its recent corporate developments
- Filipinos buy an average of US$162 at Amazon.com per year
Why is The Filipino Internet User Report right for you?
- The report represents information gathered through face-to-face interviews therefore giving a highly accurate picture of the Internet usage habits.
- DigitalFilipino documented such habits per age group.
Who can benefit from The Filipino Internet User Report?
The report is essential for anyone in the retail, services, or new media. It is a valuable resource for investment bankers and consultancies working with the retail industry and dotcom start-ups, as well as any advertising agency that seeks Philippines consumer online usage habits.
The Filipino Internet User Report covers the following issues, and more:
- PC ownership among Internet users
- Internet access points
- E-mail volume, spamming, and viruses
- Top Internet service providers
- Purpose of going online
- Internet usage frequency
- Top websites
- The Filipino Online Shopper Report Part 2
Price: $30.00 (Order Now!)
Released Date: August 26, 2002
Note: This report is immediately downloadable upon order payment
Should you like to purchase the report in pesos, please email us directly.