Philippine Outsourcing Industry ReportJanette Toral
In The Philippine Outsourcing Industry Report, 4th issue of the DigitalFilipino.com StatsReport, service providers expressed that the country’s perceived mismanagement of its peace and order problems is affecting the sector badly.
24 Outsourcing companies from Cebu, Manila, Davao, Laguna, and other parts of the country were interviewed last October-November 2002 to come up with this report.
Despite government efforts to help the sector, 67% expressed discontent. However, the call center and medical transcription are very satisfied.
Some of the highlights of the report are:
- 92% of respondents said that the current labor force is meeting its requirements. However, almost half are worried with the quality in the long run.
- Value of the country’s IT parks are not appreciated at this time.
- The country’s current bandwidth infrastructure is considered expensive.
- The software development sector is the most problematic and its concerns badly needs to be address.
- Providing funding and capital should be an important priority of government in order for the sector to sustain its competitiveness and grow.
Why is The Philippine Outsourcing Industry Report right for you?
- The report represents information gathered through e-mail interviews from call center, software development, animation, medical transcription, back-office operations service providers with the intent of giving a highly accurate picture of the outsourcing industry.
- DigitalFilipino.com documented the issues per sector.
Who can benefit from The Philippine Outsourcing Industry Report?
The report is essential for anyone wanting to analyze the current market before entering into this kind of business. It is a valuable resource for investment bankers and consultancies working with the outsourcing sector and start-ups, as well as any government and grant agency that seeks the Philippines outsourcing sector situtation.
The Philippine Outsourcing Industry Report covers the following issues, and more:
- Government support needs
- Labor force concerns
- Peace and order effects to the sector
- Strengths and challenges of the back-office operations, animation, call center, medical transcription, graphic design, and software development sector
- Value of IT Parks
- Bandwidth concerns
- Respondents directory
- Industry campaign
Price: $30.00 (Order Now!)
Released Date: January 18, 2003
Note: Hard copy of this report is no longer available. A soft copy will be emailed to you instead.